About

Terry Allen pic

Terry Allen

How often do you find a family owned plumbing, heating and cooling business that’s served a community well for over half a century? That’s the story behind Terry Allen Plumbing & Heating. We have gone through several growth stages; each time looking to do more for the customers we serve. Please read on to discover our company’s inspiring story. We’re still family owned and going strong today.

Terry and LuCille Allen moved to Flint from Kennett, Missouri in 1954 so Terry could work on the rebuilding on Beecher High School after the tornado of 1953. After being laid off from his job in 1963, Terry and LuCille decided to start their own plumbing and heating business. Terry Allen Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc. was founded on April 6, 1964 and was located at 608 West Court Street in downtown Flint. A trained plumber, Terry drove the service truck and shortly thereafter added a second.

In January 1967, Terry Allen Plumbing & Heating moved to 3509 Fenton Road where they added a small plumbing and heating parts counter to service the do-it-yourselfers. While at this location, the business grew to a fleet of service trucks and required expansion of the main building to two stories. A second building was also added which served as the Terry Allen bath boutique.

Lack of space required a move in July 1978 just down the road to 3621 Fenton Road where the business remains today. Terry Allen Plumbing & Heating provides sales, maintenance, and service for residential and commercial plumbing, heating and air conditioning in the greater Flint area and surrounding communities. They employ 20 Genesee County residents including three state of Michigan master plumbers.

In June 2012, Terry, beloved father, husband, and prominent community member, passed away. While LuCille has long since retired, the business remains family-owned.

608 W. Court St. – April 1964608 W. Court St. – April 1964
3509 Fenton Rd. - January 19673509 Fenton Rd. – January 1967
3621 Fenton Rd. - July 19783621 Fenton Rd. – July 1978